The National Model A Restorers Club (MARC) was founded in 1952 as a way to help Model A Ford owners become acquainted with each other and exchange information about Model A cars and parts. MARC has since grown into an international organization consisting of 160 local clubs, called “Regions,” with thousands of members.
The Columbus Region of MARC was founded in 1964. Frank Fisher, a local Columbus Model A Ford owner, sent out the first letter of inquiry on August 1, 1963, to other Model A owners in the area to see if there was interest in forming a local chapter of MARC. The first organizational meeting was at 2:00pm, Sunday afternoon, February 9, 1964. Regular monthly meetings were held throughout the remainder of the year and a total of 31 members signed up and paid dues.